The Institute researches and develops innovative methods and tools for advancing engineering education with a focus on:
- Recruiting and retaining graduate students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Preparing STEM students, particularly graduate students, for careers in academic and nonacademic environments
- Promoting students' leadership and professional skill development across the educational continuum
- Developing and validating instruments to assess instruction in STEM learning environments
- Evaluating the roles and impacts of students' academic experiences (.g., research) upon their engagement in the STEM workforce
Our diverse team can serve academic, nonacademic, national, and international audiences at all educational levels via the translation of our research to a variety of contexts. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.